brazil

brazil

Monday, October 21, 2013

10-21-13

Hey everyone. so my flight is at 3 today...i think.....i haven't actually received my itinerary. Still not sure on the phone call thing but ill do my best. So, yesterday was awesome! Mike got baptized and I know he is going to do amazing from here on forward. He just has such a willing heart and glows with the Spirit! It was an amazing gift to be a part of the on my last day here. What awesome timing! Mike is so awesome. He had fasted the day before without even telling us, and we hadn't even  told him to. He doesn't drive because of a traumatic event in his childhood, but he has decided that now he wants to learn, just so that he can get to church easier and so that he can help others in the church. He is so kind. AND we had another miracle yesterday. Rod, homeless alcoholic investigator, came to our last appointment totally sober, just as he had promised. Even more, he has been only drinking every other day. that was his own goal that he set! Oh, and here is the best part. He came to church yesterday!!! It was so awesome! He got a ride from a guy who has walked in his shoes and is a recovered addict, so they really connected. Even more, he stayed for all three hours! He had to take some smoking breaks, but it is such a huge accomplishment. Rod also has a lot of social anxiety, (which is why he drinks) so he was so afraid to be at church. He kept joking that either he or the church would burst into flames, so he kept tabs on all the fire extinguishers in the building haha. Just walking into the chapel and sitting down was a huge feat for him. At first, he sat in the back with Pete. Then, when he left for a smoking break, he had a hard time going back in, but Sister H and I came out to the hall and gave him a pep talk. We stood together and prayed for strength to get through the rest of the meeting, and then Rod gave a big smile at the end of the prayer. He was a-okay for the rest of church.  I just felt so proud of both Rod and Mike yesterday. What superstars! I can't wait to see what they do with their futures. If I pretended not to be sad to leave, I would be lying. Actually, my heart is really sad right now. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW I'm meant to go to Brazil and I know it's going to be soooo amazing the moment I get there. But right at this moment, it's really hard to leave all the people I love so much. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation that ensures I'll be able to see all my loved ones again. I'm so excited for the day when we can ALL be together in the next life and distance and location won't matter and I can embrace and take care of everyone that I have come to know and love.
This life is meant to be happy. Smile. That's my advice. Our life will never be without trials. That's a guarantee, but we don't have to simply endure them. God has given us the resources to know how to find happiness. He has given us so many gifts: scriptures, prophets, church, the Holy Ghost. These things are there for the taking and they are there for anyone willing to seek after them. God has showered us with so many blessings! It's amazing how much He can be a part of our lives if we so desire it, but we have to use these resources He has given us for them to be of any worth. It doesn't matter that the Book of Mormon is true if we never read it. It doesn't matter that we have prophets to guide us if we never listen to their voice. It doesnt matter if we WANT to believe if we are not willing to ACT, but I promise that when we do start doing the little things that add up, it will change our lives in ways we could have never imagined. God is waiting to pour blessings upon us. I always promise my investigators that, even if none of their circumstances changed, the gospel of Jesus Christ would make their whole life better and richer and happier. When we neglect our relationship with God, of course he is sad, but it is really just us that suffers. This life is meant to be a happy one, a clear one, a good one. When we draw nearer to God, everything else lines up as well, but it definitely takes a little leap of faith and trust and maybe a few sacrifices.  I love you all. I can't wait to see what Brazil has in store for me, even if my heart breaks at the thought of leaving here. Thanks for EVERYTHING and all of your support. God bless. He loves you all sooooooo much. I promise :) I can feel it, and so can you if you want to.

Love, sis Huntington

No comments:

Post a Comment